We install biological filtration systems for the growing aquaculture industry.
What does WATERfirst offer the aquaculture industry?
- WATERfirst employs a unique bioreactor as the heart and lungs of the Recirculating Aquaculture System (known as the RAS).
- This system is fully aerated and provides enough oxygen vital for the nitrifying bacteria to take out ammonia effectively and provide sufficient oxygen for healthy, happy fish.
- Being a recirculating aquaculture system, WATERfirst RAS is designed to keep water loss through cleaning of filters to a minimum.
- This is a practical system that is easy to operate and maintain
- Course filtration clarifiers (sludge can be utilized as organic fertilizer)
- Fine filtration clarifiers for filtering the finer suspended solids from the water
What does WATERfirst offer you for your Koi pond?
The Bio- Mech Koi Pond Filtration System
This is an all in one biological and mechanical filtration system for small to medium sized Koi ponds (2,500 – 10,000 litres) consisting of:
The mechanical filter
This captures the suspended solids from the water as it filters down to the biological filter below. It is a filter that is durable and is easy to clean. There is a high level overflow which, when the water reaches this point, indicates that the filters need to be cleaned.
The Biological filter
This acts as a house for the nitrifying bacteria which converts toxic ammonia to nontoxic nitrates.
The system is designed to supply ample oxygen to sustain a healthy fish population. For Koi ponds larger than 10,000 litres the filtration system used in aquaculture can be adapted to suit your needs.